So last year the end of summer and fall was so dry that our poor grass lost out and the weeds won. When the dandelions started popping up all over our yard this spring I said -"Nuh uh dandelions- Not in my yard you don't" I have a little pet peeve about dandelions. When there is a whole yard of them that go to seed it just makes me cringe. But don't worry I won't judge you if you have dandelions in your yard- I just don't like them in mine! So fortunately we had a few days of sunshine and I got to dig all those buggers up. You see we sprayed them last fall, but they didn't die. I think they just grew bigger roots. I have never seen such honkin huge dandelions like I have seen here in the Midwest. 
I know you may think I am silly for spending some nice sunny days picking weeds, but it is all worth it to me when I can look at my lawn and feel good, instead of looking at my lawn and thinking- one more thing to do. I measure my happiness in little successes.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That looks like hard work! I'm sure your lawn looks amazing!
Natalie would have come helped you pick the dandelions; she was so excited that they started cropping up so she could give them to me :) Hope your hard work means a weed-free lawn, at least for a while!
Funny, Loren just put up a post about Sam pulling the dandelions for me. I took a couple days a couple weeks ago and pulled them all in the front yard. But the backyard is another story!
wow.. that is quite the pile. :) I'll be able to see your beautiful lawn this weekend!
Post a Comment