Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer catch up

We have had an interesting summer, maybe more memorable then we wanted it to be. It started when KP had a mishap on a scooter-or should I say over the handle bars of a scooter. We ended up visiting the emergency room that day..more on that in another post. 

Life still had to go on.. and here is a little bit of what we did this summer..

The girls took tennis lessons.
Little C had her own lessons on a different day. She was the only girl.

While A & B had their tennis lessons for an hour and a half, little C had quality time at the park with mom and dad.
We saw a few free movies at the movie theater.

Little C is mad at me in this picture because I didn't buy a big tub of popcorn that all the girls could share and went with individual size portions instead. I think she had dreams of holding the big popcorn on her lap the whole movie and getting her fill of it. She has to get a lot of it when we have it, because I don't buy it often, and I must have been weak or feeling guilty that day. :)

Since "A" made me dinner for mothers day, then "B" wanted to make KP something for fathers day. She decided to make manicotti. 
She didn't want me to take pictures because she was still her pajamas. She is mixing the filling here.

Concentrating hard on filling the manicotti noodles.
Manicotti, peas, french bread and lemonade, all made by Miss "B".

We did make it to Conner Prairie this summer. It was on our list of things to do. I was disappointed when I forgot my camera at home, but I was glad that my phone can take pictures even if they weren't as good.
Girls had fun with the water pump and playing in the water... they eventually watered the garden behind it too.
They tried the games that the kids would play way back then.
"B" is balancing a tin cup of water on her head. They had a race between some kids.
We went the day before KP's surgery which was around 4th of July so they had some independence festivities going on that day.
They painted a mural. Little C was wondering why all the characters were animals. She wanted to paint pictures of real people who lived back in the old days.
 KP is still KP even after his face injury. He still likes to make random funny (contorted) faces when I take pictures of him.

The girls had fun making statue of liberty hats. It was hot that day, but pretty fun. A nice family outing.
The girls also had swimming lessons most of the summer. The older two really just worked on strokes and technique. They are done with swimming lessons now. They had fun diving off the diving boards. Little C was even brave enough this year to jump off.

I had the pleasure of spending the week with 18 (yeah that's right-18) exceptional young ladies for an Activity Day Girls G.R.E.A.T  (Acronym-Girls really enjoying activities together) Day camp.
We would meet at one of the girls houses every day to do a lesson, crafts, games and other activities.
The girls played a game called "Balloon Master". It was all fun and games until the girls  who were the masters got the tape stuck in their hair. Note to self: Give them a hat, or change it somehow if I ever play this game again.
 "B" having fun getting her team mates to stick as many balloons on her as possible.
My girls had fun that week playing and working with the other girls. It will be an awesome young womens in a few years.


Now we are living the nomadic dream as we get ready to move yet again after 3 months. Not looking forward to the move, but looking forward to being settled once again. Life is life and you "just keep swimming" some days.Good news is that we are staying in Indiana a little bit longer. 

We didn't get to do all that we had planned for this summer, but we tried to do what we could.

0 comments: