Sunday, November 1, 2009

House Projects

My husband had a few days off( which is a rare thing these days) and did a few house projects while his dad was in town. They put overhead lighting -complete with ceiling fans- in the girls rooms. "A" decided to decorate hers with stickers already- she has to put her artistic touch on everything you know.

Here is the ceiling fan in "B's" room. She wanted it different then her sister's so my husband just turned the fan blades over.

He changed out our florescent light in our closet to recessed lighting. Nice!


He replaced our wire-like shelving above the washer and dryer to cabinets. I like the cabinets so much better! Now I have a project myself to get them finished up with some stain.

The major project was putting a skylight in our master bathroom. It looks awesome and brings in so much light. I still find myself trying to turn the light off when I leave the bathroom during the day.



This is the not so fun part of putting in the skylight-working on the roof.
Most of the projects had them working in the attic, and the girls liked going up the attic stairs and helping the men. I think the girls got tired of me telling them "Don't touch the pink stuff that is up in the attic- you will get itchy."
They also plumbed our house to have a water softener. So it will be nice once we get one.




1 comments:

Ashley said...

He sure made himself handy! And I would never have thought to put a skylight in...what a great idea!